Preparing for Departure

Two weeks from today, I will get on a plane and fly ten hours to Ghana. I have always had a heart for international medicine, and I am very excited for the opportunity to continue my medical education in Cape Coast, Ghana. I will work with Ghanaian locals in the Cape Coast Teaching Hospital and clinics for four weeks. On my last international medical trip, I was a rising second year medical student unaware of what exactly to do. I was charged with registration, triage, and packaging medication for patients. This time, I am much more prepared and ready to learn more about the practice of medicine in Ghana. I will be posting off and on during my time abroad on this blog. I'd love for you all to follow along. Thoughts and prayers are appreciated over the next few weeks as I prepare to leave and during my time in Ghana.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Reflection on Ghana

Limited Resources

Elmina and Cape Coast Castle